February 16, 2011

Fashion Week is here!

SO excited!!! I love seeing all the new designs. Collections I rather like so far are:

Costello Tagliapietra Fall 2011 Ready to Wear
This has simplicity and colour. I love the colours--citrus and matches the flow of the material; light and bright. The clothes look well constructed and very wearable.


Carolina Herrera Fall 2011 Ready to Wear
I like the figure of the shapes--that's what's made this collection good for me. A lot of pieces are not very modern to me, but all the clothes are empowering.


Rodarte Fall 2011 Ready to Wear
Again, really like the silhouette of the pieces I like--which are mostly the flowy, long dresses that are reminiscent of the Amish (and of Theyskens at Nina Ricci), but with colour and a lightness. I don't get half the collection (or more), with the geometric boxes that i find rather unflattering to the figure, but the one that I did like the one brown square sweater included below. I like the pants. and the 2 red dresses at the end were simply delectable.


Marc Jacobs Fall 2011 Ready to Wear
Is it possible to like a collection overall but now really like any specific pieces? that's how I feel towards this collection; I get what he was going for and what he was thinking, and I go "YES! YES!" but every outfit has something that I find distasteful. Very very similar to Prada a few seasons ago in terms of lace/texture and the shape seems to be the emerging trend (i love it! but it does look rather... not good). Half the models look so skinny and the other half look like fat beavers


Preen Fall 2011 Ready to Wear
I adore prints, especially colorful but not overbearing coloured ones, so Preen was definitely already on my 'good' list from the beginning. And then those geometric shapes that contained the colors--wow! It seems rather smart to do: colorful print with neutral skirt/pants/blazer, and I love it. Can't go wrong. I adore the front of those dresses, that seem to open up perfectly and are a new thing that make the collection seem new while the overall idea has been done before. Although, my excitement did wane with the collection's passing...

No comments:

Post a Comment